Monday 7 October 2013

Today's inspiration

I'm sharing a card with you today that looks more than the effort it took to make.

Its about keeping your colours co-ordinated (so easy with Stampin' Up!) and I think no more than 3 colours is perfect as long as there's one neutral (in most cases for me anyway! - I'm a bit fussy though...) and its also about creating dimension. You do that by layering up  and I find that sponging the edges of my shapes helps to really give the card depth and visual appeal.

Try it yourself! I've included some details below, but feel free to comment with any questions.



The card I've made is using the "hearts a flutter" stamp set and co-ordinating framelits dies and "beautiful wings" embosslits and "flower fusion" sizzlits dies.

The colours I've used are the in colour "Crisp Cantaloupe" and from the neutrals colour family "Soft suede" and "Very Vanilla" The base card is "naturals white" which I've scored with the scoring tool.

"Naturals white" is such a great base card material because it goes with everything.

I've embellished with a bit of ribbon and punched shapes, pearls and a butterfly brad (trying to use up retired bits & pieces!).

Have fun!

Inge :)





No comments:

Post a Comment